Category Archives: Community

Building My Booth Network

Ask just about anyone, and you’ll hear that a big part of a full-time MBA program is the networking. Entering Booth with a non-traditional background (I worked in urban turnaround schools for six years), I had no idea what this meant.  Networking with companies? With classmates? With alumni? With big name professors? Honestly, the prospect of constantly mingling with a motive with any of those audiences sounded intimidating.

Continue reading Building My Booth Network

Booth Teams: Best Booth Moments Series

Over Winter Break, we had an open call for Boothies to share their favorite times at Booth. We continue this series with two stories of great teams: one group working together to launch a new product for MillerCoors, the other lightening the finals week mood with a festive rendition of “12 Days of Booth-mas” in the Winter Garden.

Continue reading Booth Teams: Best Booth Moments Series

Happy Valentine’s Day!

Partners play a large role in the Booth community. Many decide to move to Chicago while their significant other attends school. Others visit our great city for fun events such as the Winter Formal and Spring Fling. Some are so inspired by the school that they themselves apply and attend Booth!

No matter who you’re spending today with—partner, friend, family, or pet —we wish you a very happy Valentine’s Day. Check out how Partners at Booth have spent their time over the past year!

Continue reading Happy Valentine’s Day!

Second-Year Bucket List

Full-time student life is pretty great. With just five months left until most of us second years re-enter the working world, now is the time to make sure we’re maximizing the precious hours, resources, and opportunities.

Taking inspiration and suggestions from lots of my classmates, I give you my Booth Second-Year Bucket List: an ambitious collection of personal, academic, and professional must-dos before our summer start-dates. 

Continue Reading →