Category Archives: Community

Business School – A Family Affair: Including Others in Your MBA Experience

If you’re bringing a few extra people along with you to business school, you may be wondering how Booth supports your partners and families, and helps include them in your student life.  Suzi and Alex have told you how they balance partners and school as well as how First Day is a great introduction for spouses to Booth, but what’s it really like once you get here full-time?  I had these same questions as I was preparing to enroll at Booth, and am pleased to report two years later that I have been very pleasantly surprised with the many partner/family-friendly activities and programs provided by Booth.

Continue reading Business School – A Family Affair: Including Others in Your MBA Experience

Running the School’s Newspaper (Chibus)

Chicago Business is an entirely student-run newspaper. Serving out updates for students and alumni, it’s also one of countless opportunities to get valuable leadership experience at Booth while pursuing personal interests at the same time.

Mo Bhasin, the Editor in Chief for the newspaper, briefly tells us about the best parts of running Chicago Business.

Continue reading Running the School’s Newspaper (Chibus)

Ski Trip! More than Snow and Mountains

While there are many great things about going to business school, the trips during the breaks are definitely close to the top of the list. I knew I wanted to do a Random Walk when I started at Booth, but I didn’t realize that there were so many other opportunities to explore and have fun during business school. Traveling is practically an unofficial curriculum requirement at Booth

Continue reading Ski Trip! More than Snow and Mountains