Do you love the holiday season? Are you looking for things to do? Are you just really excited to come to Booth, so you’re killing time reading a fun blog about things to do but will likely not do any of it and spend all of December on your couch under a blanket instead? Look no further!
Holigays by OUTReach (Friday Dec. 1st)
- Booth’s biggest annual end-of-year party in Boystown! Guests will go in thier favorite ugly sweaters for some frosty bevs and festive fun!
Hot Chocolate / Coffee Run (Saturday Dec. 2nd)
- Booth’s Run Bike Swim club is wrapping up and going on a 5 mile run, finishing at a coffee shop for a post-run warm drink of their choice!
Aspen Ski Trip (Dec. 10 – 15th)
- This is Booth’s Largest Student Trip! 500+ Boothies are taking over Aspen / Snowmass this year for a week of skiing, snowboarding, relaxing, and fun!
BOLD Antarctica Trek (Dec. 11 – 23rd)
- 30 Boothies join the BOLD club in ANTARCTICA for the adventure of a lifetime! Camping, Kayaking, Snowshoeing, and Hiking are just a few of the things this adventurous group of students will be doing!
Africa Trek (Dec. 11 – 18th)
- Some Boothies will be kicking off winter break holidays enjoying scenic views of nature and wildlife across different national parks in Tanzania, and exploring Zanzibar and the scenic Indian Oceam!
Things to do in Chicago:
Christkindlmarket (Until Dec. 24th)
- Iconic German-inspired holiday market has stalls stocked with handmade gifts, German food, and plenty of hot chocolate!
Winterland at Gallagher Way (Until Jan. 7th)
- An annual holiday experience where you can ice skate, check out non-field games, go on carnival rides or a miniature train, or grab tickets to ride on the rink’s bumper cars. Cool off with a frosty bev at an apres-ski type pop-up bar inside the park with cozy fire pits!
“Christmas Around the World” (Until Dec. 31st)
- Every year, the Museum of Science and Industry puts up its four-story Grand Tree and surrounds the towering pine with more than 50 trees that represent Chicago’s various communities and their respective holiday celebrations. Visitors will be able to take in even more seasonal cheer at the accompanying “Holidays of Light” exhibit, which recognizes the traditions of Chinese New Year, Diwali, Kwanzaa, Ramadan, Hanukkah, Visakha Puja Day and St. Lucia Day.
ZooLights (Until Jan. 7th)
- The Lincoln Park Zoo’s annual display of millions of LED bulbs is a must see! You can wander around the park, take photos of all of the displays and participate in various activities.
The Nutcracker at the Joffrey Ballet (Until Dec. 27th)
- Witness the magical 1893 Chicago World’s Fair with young Marie and her Nutcracker Prince in two-time Tony Award® winning choreographer Christopher Wheeldon’s holiday masterpiece.